If you spend time looking after a partner, relative or friend who has an illness or disability, you may be able to claim benefits to top up your income.

Next steps

Contact the Carer’s Allowance Unit to ask for a claim form, or you can claim online at Gov.uk

To apply for Carer Support Payment, contact Social Security Scotland to request a claim form, or claim online at mygov.scot.

If you need help filling in the form, call our Helpline.

For more information, read our guide Benefits for carers.

Related publications