Our vision for 2020 marks a huge shift in our delivery. It also sees us take another step away from our 19th-century benevolent trust past – offering financial assistance to relatively few – and towards an exciting future helping hundreds of thousands of older people across the UK.
By 2020 we aim to:
- Increase our support for the most most vulnerable and in need tenfold
- distribute our resources to over one million people annually, by expanding our information services (such as our guides and website)
- respond to even more Helpline queries - answering over 100,000 enquiries each year - by extending our information and advice service
- double the number of regular visits and calls to lonely older people through our friendship services, as well as piloting new types of services
- increase our influence on the government so that older people get a fairer deal and a say in their welfare by campaigning together with other organisations and supporters.
A society where older people can live the lives they aspire to and contribute actively to their communities.
To enable older people to stay independent and live well with dignity, choice and control.