If you’re under State Pension age and have a long-term health condition or a disability, you could get extra money to support you. In England and Wales, you could qualify for Personal Independence Payment. If you live in Scotland, you could qualify for Adult Disability Payment. These benefits are not means-tested.

If you live in England or Wales

If you live in Scotland

Next steps

Call the PIP new claims helpline to start your application for PIP.

Call Social Security Scotland to start your application for ADP.

If you’re over State Pension age and still receiving one of the disability benefits mentioned in this webpage, contact our Helpline.

Related publications