If you are responsible for paying your Council Tax bill, you might be able to reduce the amount you pay.

Next steps

You may want more information about Council Tax discounts, support and exemptions, especially as more than one discount can be applied to you if you qualify for it. If you live in Wales, you can find more information here. If you live in Scotland visit mygov.scot.  If you live in England contact your local council for more information.

If you’re unsure whether you qualify for a discount or reduction, such as the Disabled Band Reduction Scheme, call our Helpline on 0800 319 6789 for more advice.

Related publications