Attendance Allowance is extra money you can claim if you’re over State Pension age and need regular help with your personal care. It’s not means-tested, so you can claim it whatever your income or savings.

Next steps

Call the Attendance Allowance helpline to ask for an application pack. Or download a claim form from

If you need help filling in the form, contact your local Age UK or Citizens Advice.

To help someone else, see our tips on how to help someone to claim.

Related publications