At the moment, our information about paying for care services applies to England only. We are updating our information to make it relevant for people living in Scotland and Wales. In the meantime, please visit Age Scotland or Age Cymru.

If you have complex health and care needs, the NHS might need to pay for your care outside hospital. This could be in your home or in a care home.

Next steps

For more information on who can get NHS Continuing Healthcare and how the assessment works, visit the NHS website, read our factsheet Continuing Healthcare - should the NHS be paying for your care? or call our Helpline on 0800 319 6789 to speak to an adviser.

If you want to ask for an assessment, contact your CCG’s NHS Continuing Healthcare team. Find their details by entering your GP surgery’s postcode on the NHS website.

Related publications