If you need extra help with your care, the first step is to contact your local council and ask for a care needs assessment. This free assessment will work out what help you need and how you might get it. The type of support suggested depends on your needs, but might include things like disability equipment, adaptations to your home, visits from care workers or residential care.

An assessment from your local council can work out what help you need

What to expect and how to prepare for your assessment

Putting your care and support services in place

What you can do if things go wrong