Residential care can be expensive, so it’s important to check you’re getting any help you’re entitled to. This usually starts with a care needs assessment by your local council, followed by a financial assessment.

Next steps

Start by arranging a care needs assessment.

For more about the financial assessment, read our guide Paying care home fees in England and Wales or Paying care home fees in Scotland.

Related publications