If you think you could benefit from some extra help at home, a good place to start is with a care needs assessment from the local council. This will look at the help you need and make suggestions about how you can get it. Help with care can include disability equipment, home adaptations or getting outside help to take care of the tasks you find it difficult to do yourself.

An assessment from your local council can work out what help you need

Help with personal care and household chores

Help with personal care so you can stay independent at home

Equipment and gadgets to help you in the home and outside

Devices to monitor your health and safety, and call for help when you need it