Missed rent payments are known as 'arrears', and are considered 'priority’ debts. If you’re struggling to pay your rent, you can get support to work out your options.

Next steps

For information on how to get expert advice and take control of your debt, see our webpage Help if you’re in debt.

Contact a free debt advice service, such as:

Related publications