Lived Experience Advisory Panel Volunteer
We are a national charity founded over 150 years ago with a clear mission to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well, with dignity, choice and purpose. We achieve this in a number of ways, one is by acting as a catalyst for positive policy change by challenging the underlying causes of discrimination and inequality.
About the role
We want the UK to become the best country in the world in which to grow older. We campaign to ensure people can enjoy a financially secure, healthy, active and connected older age. It is crucial therefore that we are listening to the experiences of older people themselves to ensure that we are pursuing the right policy change. As a Lived Experience Advisory Panel volunteer, you will be part of a group that will share your views and experiences to help develop our Policy and Campaigning work and to make a positive change for people in later life.
Some of the tasks you may get involved with are:
- Testing research methods e.g. reviewing survey questions before they are used with participants.
- Reviewing public facing content e.g. web pages, leaflets to ensure they are clear and easy to understand.
- Ensuring that we are campaigning on the issues that matter most to people in later life.
You don’t need to have had any previous experience in campaigning work, just an interest in helping us with our Policy and Campaigning work. This role is fully flexible to fit around you. You can find out more about the role by looking at the role description.
Benefits to you
- An opportunity to meet new people who are also interested in our policy and influencing work.
- An opportunity to develop new skills and experiences.
- An opportunity to be part of something.
- The chance to learn more about the different issues that we campaign about and the types of activities that we do.
- The opportunity to influence and inform our work.
We currently need volunteers for this role across England. If you’re based in England, please apply below. If you’re based elsewhere in the UK, please visit our website again in the coming months when we hope to have more roles available. As this is a lived experience role we are keen to hear from people over the age of 65 for this role
If you are interested in being part of our Lived Experience Advisory Panel, please contact us by email or phone using the details below to obtain an application form. As this is a Lived Experience role, we are keen to hear from people over the age of 65.
If you would like to learn more about our roles, a member of our Volunteering Team would be delighted to chat with you. Please get in touch using the details below.
Telephone: 020 7605 4255 Email:email@example.com