Getting some specialist equipment or making changes to your home can help if there are things you find difficult to do. There are lots of options, so it's a good idea to get expert advice. You can get a free assessment from your local council to work out what you might need and how to get it.

Next steps

You can find contact details for your local council on

The Disabled Living Foundation provides advice and information on independent living.

Related publications