If you’re finding it difficult to manage everyday tasks, you may be entitled to help from your local council’s adult social services department. The first step is an assessment of your needs.

This factsheet explains how to ask for a care needs assessment, how the assessment works, and what care and support services you may qualify to receive.

It will also tell you about temporary laws, called easements, that may change some services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.