Walk 150 Miles in May
Walk 150 Miles in May for Independent Age
This May take on the challenge of walking 150 Miles across the month. Join a team of people supporting older people in financial hardship. The challenge is free to join and we simply ask you to raise as much as you can for Independent Age. The encouragement and support of our Facebook group will help you stay motivated throughout the challenge.
Why support Independent Age?
The money you raise will support people like Veronica. Veronica is 82 years old and lives in the Southeast of England. She called our Helpline as she was struggling with rising electricity bills. Veronica was relying on extra jumpers when she was cold instead of turning on the heating, to keep down costs.
The Helpline helped Veronica to understand more about the money she was entitled to. Now, Veronica is receiving pension credit. This is a crucial top up for her income.
By fundraising for Independent Age, you will provide a support system for older people going through difficult times.
When you sign up everything is done for you
1. Your fundraiser is created for you in just one click which you can then share.
2. Your Independent Age t-shirt will be sent out in the post within 10 working days of you receiving your first donation.
3. You will join the Walk 150 Miles in May Facebook Community where you can share your mikes and talk to your fellow team members.
How will we support you?
You’ll receive fantastic support from our friendly team from the moment you sign up until you complete your challenge.
We’ll provide you with:
- a free Independent Age t-shirt to wear for your event
- a well-deserved certificate, showing the amazing amount you raise for us
- fundraising and training support from our dedicated Events team.
For more information about our events, call the team on 020 7605 4229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find everything you need to know about Walk 150 Miles in May by viewing our FAQs below. If your question isn't answered, do drop us an email at email@example.com
- Can I download my fundraising pack? You can find all our fundraising resources to view and download on our website.
- How do I sign up? To sign up, join the Facebook Group. Once in the Facebook Community, you can register for the challenge and set up your fundraiser via Facebook or JustGiving.
- I don't have Facebook but want to sign up, how do I do this? No problem! Simply fill out the registration form here. You can set up your fundraiser via JustGiving and we will send you a fundraising pack and t-shirt once you receive your first donation.
- Where and when is this challenge? This is a virtual challenge for everyone so you can do this throughout May at the best time for you. You can do this in your local area. You can do this together with your friends and family.
- Is there an entry fee? There is no entry fee for this challenge. We do however ask you to fundraise as part of your challenge. Facebook Fundraisers are the easiest way to raise money. It takes a few seconds to set one up, and then it’s really easy to share the page with your Facebook friends.
- How do I fundraise? Create your Facebook Fundraiser by clicking on this link. It will take 1 minute and you can share your Facebook Fundraiser with all your friends and family. You can also fundraise on JustGiving if you would prefer.
- How much do I have to raise? Please just raise as much as you can. We have a recommended target of £150, but we would be so grateful to you for sharing your fundraising page as much as possible. If you prefer to fundraise offline you can download our sponsorship form here. Everybody who fundraises for the challenge will receive a certificate.
- When do I complete my 150 Miles by? The challenge is to complete 150 Miles in the month of May. However and whenever you like, in the month of May.
- How do I track my miles? You don’t need to prove to us that you have completed 150 Miles. You will receive a tracker in your registration pack, but you can use whichever tracking app you would like such as Strava or Fitbit. It’s totally up to you.
- What will be in my t-shirt pack? An Independent Age t-shirt and a tracker for you to mark off your miles. You'll also receive a fundraising pack filled to the brim with tips and ideas to help you get started.