The Virgin London Marathon has been postponed due to Coronavirus
This event has been postponed to October. If you want to be part of the big day at Virgin London Marathon in 2020, you can join our cheer point and help us support our team of runners. Just email your interest to email@example.com
Why run for Independent Age?
More than 1 million older people say they are often or always lonely. As well as feeling cut off from friends and family, it can mean that when difficulties arise, they feel they have no one to turn to.
Your support can make such a difference for an older person, because thanks to our supporters, we can provide regular visits and telephone calls from one of our caring volunteers. We can also help with worries they might be facing whether they’re about finances, mobility, or other day-to-day issues, so they don’t have to cope with difficulties alone. Read more about how we help.
How will we support you?
Whether you have an Independent Age charity place or your own ballot place, by running for us you’ll receive fantastic support from the moment you sign up all the way until you cross that finish line. We will provide you with:
- Post-Race Reception with massage and complimentary food
- An Independent Age technical running vest
- Iron on letters for your vest so spectators can cheer your name on race day
- Fundraising and training support from the Independent Age Events team
- Cheer points and support along the route
- A fundraising pack with lots of great ideas to help you reach your target