Join Europe's greatest swimming challenge
Voted the world’s fifth best open water swim, the Great North Swim is one of Independent Age's swimming events this year. We have limited guaranteed charity places so apply now and don’t miss out.
Surrounded by some of the nation’s most spectacular scenery – the Lake District National Park – you can join thousands of others for what is the UK’s biggest outdoor swimming event. Choose from the 250m, ½ mile, 1 mile, 2 mile, 5k or 10k distances and challenge yourself this year for older people in the UK.
Once registered we will send you a token for our free place and you can select your distance.
Join team Independent Age today!
Why swim for Independent Age?
More than 1 million older people say they are often or always lonely. As well as feeling cut off from friends and family, it can mean that when difficulties arise, they feel they have no one to turn to.
Your support can make such a difference for an older person, because thanks to our supporters, we can provide regular visits and telephone calls from one of our caring volunteers. We can also help with worries they might be facing whether they’re about finances, mobility, or other day-to-day issues, so they don’t have to cope with difficulties alone. Read more about how we help.
How will we support you?
By running for Independent Age, you will receive dedicated support from the moment you sign up all the way until you cross the finish line. We will provide you with:
- Post-Race Reception with sports massage and complimentary food
- Invitation to a free Half Marathon Training Day at our charity HQ
- An Independent Age technical running vest with your name on it
- Fundraising support and tips to make reaching your target as easy as possible
- Training plans and advice whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced
- Cheer points and support along the route on race day
Have a question before registering? Get in touch by calling Janine on 0207 605 4277 or email email@example.com