250g Oreo cookies (you can use the chocolate filled ones for extra chocolate-y goodness!)
6 tablespoons softened butter
170g cream cheese
300g sweetened condensed milk
85g peanut butter (you can use smooth or crunchy depending on your preference)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
140g dark or milk cooks chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line an 8 inch baking pan with grease proof paper.
- Put the Oreo cooking in a food processor and wiz until finely ground. Add the softened butter and wiz again until evenly incorporated. Firmly press the mixture into your prepared baking tin.
- Next, beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk and peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the mixture is set (giving the pan a little shake will help determine if it’s set), remove from the oven and slow to cool.
- Once cooled make the glaze. Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water and add your chocolate and butter until melted and smooth. Alternatively you can melt it in the microwave. Pour over the cooled cheesecake and refrigerate until set.
- Once set you can ship into bite size pieces, large slices or eat the entire thing to yourself!
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter you can substitute it for chocolate spread and if you want even more chocolate you can use chocolate cream cheese.