London Landmarks Half Marathon has been postponed
London Landmarks Half Marathon 2020 has been postponed due to Coronavirus. The organisers are trying to secure a new date for the event later in the year. As soon as we have further information on this we will contact all participants.
We want everyone to feel confident about taking part in this event when a future date is secured. That’s why we’ve set a lower registration fee and fundraising target and why we offer all our runners extensive training and fundraising support.
With creativity and support, fundraising can be fun and no sweat - you’ll sweat enough in training! Check out our fundraising ideas.
Why run for Independent Age?
More than 1 million older people say they are often or always lonely. As well as feeling cut off from friends and family, it can mean that when difficulties arise, they feel they have no one to turn to.
Your support can make such a difference for an older person, because thanks to our supporters, we can provide regular visits and telephone calls from one of our caring volunteers. We can also help with worries they might be facing whether they’re about finances, mobility, or other day-to-day issues, so they don’t have to cope with difficulties alone. Read more about how we help.
How will we support you?
By running for Independent Age, you will receive dedicated support from the moment you sign up all the way until you cross the finish line. We will provide you with:
- Post-Race Reception with sports massage and complimentary food
- Invitation to a free Half Marathon Training Day at our charity HQ
- An Independent Age technical running vest with your name on it
- Fundraising support and tips to make reaching your target as easy as possible
- Training plans and advice whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced
- Cheer points and support along the route on race day
Have any questions? Get in touch by calling Janine on 0207 605 4274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org