Why free personal care?
- The current care system is leaving 1.4 million older people without the support they need for basic everyday tasks
- Whilst people with cancer get free treatment on the NHS others with dementia are being forced to sell their family homes to pay for their care
- With free personal care everyone who needs support with simple but important activities like getting out of bed, getting washed, or cooking food would get the support that they need.
- Free personal care has already been proved to work in Scotland where it was introduced nearly two decades ago
Free personal care would:
- Make care free at the point of use like the NHS, giving certainty and security when you need it most
- Ensure everyone gets the care they need
- Reduce the risk of people having to sell their family home to pay for care
- Massively reduce the number of older people stuck in hospital waiting for care to be organised and save the NHS money
- Give struggling families the chance to spend more quality time with their loved ones
- Help build a fairer society that cares for everyone
Join our campaigns network
Every activity you do, however big or small, will give our campaigns a greater chance of success.