Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is extra money for people under State Pension age who have long-term physical or mental health problems. You can get it however high your income or savings are. PIP is gradually replacing Disability Living Allowance. This factsheet explains who can apply for it and how to apply.

If you’re over 65, see our factsheet Attendance Allowance.