Making the decision to go into a home is hard enough without trying to understand the complicated way it’s paid for.
In our Choosing a care home Wise Guide, we guide you and your relatives through every step of the process. You’ll find insider tips from social workers, nurses, care home managers and people like you.
You’ll find out how to:
- Spot a well or poorly run care home
- Choose the best way to meet care costs
- Claim the help you’re due towards fees
- Have a positive care home experience
- Ensure your wishes are respected however frail you become.
There’s even a chapter devoted to options that don’t mean going into a home.
The advice in this guide applies to England only. A lot of it will still be relevant to you but we have a few suggestions if you are looking for advice that is specific to other parts of the UK.