How will we support you?
By taking part in an overseas trekking challenge for Independent Age, you will receive dedicated support from the moment you sign up all the way until you have returned from the trip after a once in a lifetime experience. We will provide you with:
- A dedicated professional guide plus a charity representative throughout the entire trip
- An Independent Age top and awareness raising resources
- Extensive fundraising support and tips to make reaching your target as easy as possible
- Training plans and advice whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced
Have a question before registering? Get in touch by calling Jayna on 020 7605 4277 or email email@example.com
To find our more about this amazing challenge call the Events Team on 020 7605 4277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover the history and culture of China
Over 9 days discover the beauty and history of China whilst trekking along one of the most spectacular wonders of the world. This inspirational challenge bespoke to Independent Age takes place on a secluded section of the Great Wall in Hebei Province. You will experience panoramic vistas and explore remote countryside villages, whilst trekking across unrestored sections of the wall which date back to the Ming Dynasty. This trek ends with a celebration in Beijing where you will visit the capital's major historic sites, the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.
- International flights (airline carrier and times TBC)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Comfortable hotels and guest houses
- Expert bilingual local guide and back up vehicle while trekking
The entire trip takes place over 9 days with 5 days trekking at a moderate pace approximately 20km per day. Led by a professional and local guide, all your needs will be taken care of.
16th - 24th May 2020
- Day One - Leave London for the overnight flight to Beijing, China.
- Day Two - Arrive in Beijing and visit central city district.
- Day Three - 3-4 hours trekking along wild Great Wall at Gubeikou.
- Day Four - 5 hours trekking along 1,200 year old Great Wall.
- Day Five - 6-7 hours trekking from Gubeikou to Jinshanling.
- Day Six - 7 hours trekking along Great Wall towards Simatai.
- Day Seven - 3 hours trekking to Beijing Tower.
- Day Eight - In Beijing.
- Day Nine - Trips finished in Beijing. Fly back to London.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the trip, and what support you will receive to reach your fundraising target please contact the Events Team on 020 7605 4274 or email email@example.com
Why support Independent Age?
More than 1 million older people say they are often or always lonely. As well as feeling cut off from friends and family, it can mean that when difficulties arise, they feel they have no one to turn to.
Your support can make such a significant difference for an older person, because thanks to our supporters, we can provide regular visits and telephone calls from one of our caring volunteers. We can also help with worries they might be facing, whether they’re about finances, mobility, or other day-to-day issues, so they don’t have to cope with difficulties alone. Read more about how we help.