COVID-19 update – As we continue to manage and stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find the following resources helpful for carrying out your role as safely as possible.
- If you would like guidance on how to safely visit or meet with an older person during the pandemic, you can read our guidance on Socially distanced volunteer visits. Get in touch with your local Independent Age contact if you would like to chat about queries or concerns.
- If you would like information about Independent Age’s approach to vaccines you can find more information in our Vaccination Guidance Introduction.
Volunteering Policies & Procedures
We also have several other policies that you might find helpful to keep yourself and others safe, or address problems that arise during your role, including:
- Independent Age Safeguarding Policy
- If you have a safeguarding concern during your volunteering, please act straightaway.
- If there’s a risk to life or an emergency, call 999. Don’t delay. Then let Independent Age know the same day.
- During office hours, from 9am to 5pm, get in touch with your Independent Age contact.
- In the evening from 5pm to 9pm, or at the weekend or on a bank holiday from 9am to 9pm, contact the safeguarding out-of-hours line on 020 7605 4455.
- Always report safeguarding concerns the same day. Here you can find a reminder of the essential safeguarding information shared with you during volunteer training. We also have a safeguarding policy.
- Lone Working: We really care about our volunteers and want you to stay safe during your volunteering with Independent Age. Some of you will be volunteering from your home while others will be out in the community, so we want to give you some guidance to help you stay safe.
- Please read this guidance if you volunteer from home.
- Please read this guidance if you volunteer in the community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7605 4255 and we’ll be happy to help.
- Volunteer Policy
- Anti-Bribery Policy
- Complaints and Problem Solving Policy
- Guidance on using your own car during your role with Independent Age, for example, to drive an older person to an activity
- Moving and Handling Guidance
- Children Accompanying on Volunteering Activities
- Pets Accompanying on Volunteering Activities - If you would like your child or a pet to accompany you during your volunteering activity, please get in touch with your Independent Age contact for guidance beforehand.