I’m struggling to live at home. Can I get help?

If you're finding it difficult to manage at home you can get help. There might be some adaptations that could make your life easier, like a stairlift or a downstairs bathroom. You might be able to get financial help from your council to help pay for equipment or adaptations. Sometimes just a small adaptation can make a big difference.

You could also think about having a carer to come and help you at home so you can continue living there independently. A good place to start is by asking your council to give you a free care needs assessment to work out what help you need.

It might also be time to consider moving somewhere that is smaller and easier to manage or maybe you want to move in with family. There are lots of housing options you can consider. If you need more care and support, sheltered housing, an extra care home or a care home may better suit your needs.

Share this article

Print this page