This factsheet explains when you or someone else – such as a relative, friend or charity – might have to contribute some money to top up the amount the council is paying towards your care home fees.

This factsheet applies to people whose place in a care home will be paid for partly or fully by their local council. If you will be paying all your own fees, see our guide Paying for your care.

If you need this information in a different format (such as audio or large print), please contact us