Is there help I can get to pay my rent?

If you need some help to pay your rent, you should check if you’re eligible for Housing Benefit. This is for people on a low income and may cover some or all of your rent. The amount you qualify for depends on your income and who you’re living with. If you’re getting Guarantee Pension Credit, Housing Benefit might cover your whole rent.

If you’re already getting Housing Benefit, but it doesn’t cover all of your rent, you might be able to get a Discretionary Housing Payment from your local council. These can help with one-off costs like deposits as well as rent shortfalls.

Related publications

Share this article

Print this page