Is there help I can get to pay my Council Tax?

There are quite a few discounts available for Council Tax, so it’s worth checking you’re paying the right amount. Some discounts just depend on who you live with. For example, if you’re an adult who lives alone, you’ll get a 25% reduction. Make sure you tell your local council whenever there’s a change to the people you’re living with, so that you don’t get overcharged.

If you’ve checked you’re paying the right level of Council Tax and you still need help to pay it, find out from your council if you qualify for Council Tax Support. This helps people with low income and savings and may cover some or all or your Council Tax bill.

Related publications

Share this article

Print this page