At the moment, our information about paying for care services applies to England only. We are updating our information to make it relevant for people living in Scotland and Wales. In the meantime, please visit Age Scotland or Age Cymru.

If you’ve got capital over £23,250 or your weekly income is higher than the cost of your care, you’ll usually have to pay for your own care (self-fund). If you’re in this situation, you might want to get financial advice as paying for care is expensive and there are lots of things to consider.

Related publications