At the moment, our information about paying for care services applies to England only. We are updating our information to make it relevant for people living in Scotland and Wales. In the meantime, please visit Age Scotland or Age Cymru.

If you’re moving into a care home, you might be wondering whether you’ll need to sell your home to pay for your care. This is sometimes the best option, but other options could be available, depending on your circumstances.

Related publications