If your council is paying for some or all of your care but you’d like to move somewhere that costs more than they’ll pay, you might be able to make up the difference with a top-up fee.

Next steps

Read our factsheet Paying care home top-up fees for more information.

If you’re paying for your own care, without financial help from the council, read our guide Paying for your care.

Related publications