Sometimes, unfortunately, a care home might tell you that you have to leave. There can be various reasons for this and it’s important to find out why so you can take the right action. There are steps you can take and you might not have to move just because the care home says you have to.

Next steps

Call our Helpline to arrange to speak to an adviser.

To get legal advice or find a solicitor, contact the Law Society.

To find out whether you’re eligible for help with legal costs, contact Civil Legal Advice.

You might be able to get free initial legal advice through a Law Works legal advice clinic or from the Disability Law Service.

Related publications