Thinking about the end of your life can be difficult and emotional. However, taking some time to plan ahead and consider your wishes can make things less stressful for you and your family and friends when the time comes.
This guide is designed to help you plan, whether you know you have a life-limiting illness or are simply planning for the future. It covers:
- why it’s important to plan ahead
- how to talk to others about end-of-life planning
- where to get support with end-of-life planning
- thinking about where you might want to live
- thinking about your future treatment and care
- thinking about your finances and property
- thinking about your funeral.
The advice in this guide applies to England only. A lot of it will still be relevant to you but we have a few suggestions if you are looking for advice that is specific to other parts of the UK.