- More than a million pensioners in the UK are not getting the Pension Credit they are entitled to.
- The Government admits that every year a staggering £3.5 billion earmarked for the poorest pensioners doesn't reach them.
- An unacceptable number of older people are having to juggle between paying for food or fuel. The average weekly payment for Pensio
- From our polling, we know that 4 in 5 people think it is the Government's responsibility to ensure that all older people who are entitled to Pension Credit receive it.
- We also know that 88% of MPs believe that the Government should simplify the Pension Credit system to ensure more older people get the financial help they are entitled to.
- n Credit could cover both.
- Independent Age is calling on the Government to reform Pension Credit to make sure that everyone who is entitled to this money receives it.
- To achieve this, we want the Government to commit to a target of at least 75% of eligible people receiving Pension Credit by the end of 2020, at least 85% by the end of 2022 and 100% by 2025.
- To reach these targets, the Government must put in place an ambitious action plan stating improvements that must be made to Pension Credit.
Join our campaigns network
Every activity you do, however big or small, will give our campaigns a greater chance of success.