- More than a million pensioners in the UK are not getting the Pension Credit they are entitled to.
- The Government admits that every year a staggering £2.5 billion earmarked for the poorest pensioners doesn't reach them.
- An unacceptable number of older people are having to juggle between paying for food or fuel. The average weekly payment for Pension Credit could cover both.
- From our polling, we know that 4 in 5 people think it is the Government's responsibility to ensure that all older people who are entitled to Pension Credit receive it.
- We also know that 88% of MPs in the previous Parliament believed that the Government should simplify the Pension Credit system to ensure more older people get the financial help they are entitled to.
- Independent Age is calling on the Government to reform Pension Credit to make sure that everyone who is entitled to this money receives it.
- This will involve committing to clear targets to increase the number of people claiming Pension Credit.
- To reach these targets, the Government must put in place an ambitious action plan stating improvements that must be made to Pension Credit.
Independent Age is calling on the government to end the Pension Credit scandal and commit to clear targets to increase the number of people claiming Pension Credit.
88% of MPs in the previous Parliament agreed that it is the government’s responsibility to ensure that all older people who are entitled to Pension Credit are receiving it. Make sure your MP is one of them – write to them today